VP Infrastructure & Technology SolutionsJob Number: 3809
Reporting to the CIO, the Vice President of Infrastructure & Technology Solutions is part of the IT Leadership team and is responsible for all design, build and operations of all BJ’s Infrastructure and Technology Solutions including: Data Center, Cloud Infrastructure Services, Desktop, Compute Services, Database, Storage, Network, Operations, Telecommunications, Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Service Request Management, and Disaster Recovery.The VP provides technology leadership, solution strategies, and program implementation services to BJ's user organizations and vendor organizations in the areas of responsibility. The VP's responsibilities requires an understanding of business and technical functions for existing systems applications as well as providing a leadership role identifying system solutions to business problems/opportunities for the company.The VP plays a leadership role in delivering current BJ's Business Plan initiative goals and adherence to Project Life Cycle, Change Management, Security and Compliance Policies, and Sarbanes-Oxley standards and procedures. The VP provides leadership and direction to reporting AVP/managers as well as other team members.Duties and Responsibilities :• Partner with CIO and IT Leadership team to develop technology infrastructure solutions based on business needs• Responsible for project direction, management and successful completion of assigned Business Plan Initiatives and Change Control projects following System Development/Project Life Cycle and change Management policies/procedures.• Perform leadership role in the definition/maintenance/adherence to IT standards in System Development/Project life Cycle Methodology, Change Management Procedures, Information Security and Compliance Policies and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.• Communicate the status of all projects to the BJ's impacted organizations on a regularly scheduled basis. This includes IT Business Plan projects status reports to Senior Management andprovide communication to the other divisions throughout the corporation as required.• Perform Personnel Management activities for staff. Provide supervision, coaching and direction to System Development and Analyst/Support managers and staff.• Manages staff to insure effective implementation of business process, procedures and methods, for users impacted by Business Plan and support initiatives.• Provides resources, tools, and training for users to effectively operate within the application system environment.• Provide ongoing Disaster Recovery Services based on current BJ’s business impact assessments and risks.• Represents IT on Task Forces, supports Corporate/external audits, application software contract(s) reviews and end user computing needs.• Serves as a solution provider to users including evaluation/analysis of system changes and new systems. Leads activities to provide business solutions for the company, improvements, and strategies.• Actively participate in Capital and Expense planning. Prepares monitors and manages Capital/Expense Budgets.Key Accountabilities:• Provide project leadership, management and successful completion of Business Plan Initiatives and Change Control projects following System Development/Project Life Cycle and Change Management policies and procedures.• Communicate on a regular basis with peers in IT and the business units on the application of technology in our company. This includes developing and maintaining short term and long term strategic initiatives in order to leverage technology whenever possible. This strategy must include a regular evaluation of our current environment for risk and cost.• Deliver effective and timely completion of all assigned management responsibilities including preparation and monitoring of budgets, resource allocations, team members' individual development plans, objectives, and performance reviews.• Provide predictable and reliable operations of technology resulting in improved accessibility, availability and service delivery.• Maintain a strong knowledge base of industry and technology trends as they apply to their area of responsibility.• Working in conjunction with their management team, develop and execute knowledge transfer activities to staff members and peers.• Work with senior Management to recommend improvements to our strategy and architecture based upon application of these trends.• Provide leadership and clear direction to their team members and corresponding business users for all IT governance (IT processes, SOX and PCI controls), all initiatives, (business plan and change control), and strategies. Work with senior IT management, external partners, and peers to maintain and constantly review all governance policies and practices for accuracy, effectiveness, and consistency with industry trends.
- 15+ years of experience in the technology profession focused on IT Infrastructure design and management
- 10+ years program and project management experience, including estimating and forecasting, budget and financial management, staffing / hiring and resource management
- BA or BS College Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems. MBA a plus.
- Experience in architecting and implementing cloud solutions using AWS, Azure and other solutions
- Experience in Agile methodology including DevOps
- Experience in a large dynamic customer focused environment. Retail industry experience is a plus.
- Robust and persuasive professional manner, with highly developed interpersonal and collaborative management skills.
- Proven ability to think and communicate strategically about IT Infrastructure and Service Delivery.
- Experience running a high performing, client focused technology services organization.
- Proven ability to establish communication channels with IT functions and business leaders on technology strategies and projects.
- Experience developing and maintaining strategic initiatives, including evaluations of our current environment for both risk and cost.
- Experience delivering effective and timely completion of budgets, resource allocations, team members' individual development plans, objectives, and performance reviews.
- Experience developing and leading high-performing technical teams of at least 50 people.
- A strong understanding of technical infrastructure including UNIX, Linux, Intel, Windows, LAN/WAN principles, endpoint and mobile technology.
- Adaptable and with the intellectual agility to thrive in a demanding, fast moving and customer service oriented environment.
- Previous experience negotiating and managing an outsourced vendor relationship.
- Experience with "turnaround" IT organizations and with leading organizational and cultural transformation.
- Well versed on ITIL practices and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of technology trends and ability to translate those trends into effective technology practices supporting business applications and priorities.
- Ability to work with senior management to recommend improvements to our strategy and architecture based upon application of these trends.
- Exemplary vendor management skills.