Transportation AnalystJob Number: 3906
The Transportation Analyst provides departmental analytics, reporting and support for domestic transportation related activities. This position coordinates planning, processes and execution between contracted Logistics providers and BJ’s Transportation. The role will be instrumental in supporting carrier contractual negotiations, maintaining carrier rates and files, transportation cost analysis, and supporting transportation system tools and solutions.
- Develop and maintain departmental reporting and key performance indicators (KPI’s) around carrier and logistics provider costs, efficiency and service that support continuous improvement and attainment of all transportation performance objectives.
- Support freight cost analysis and maintain rate table structures to ensure the impact on costs are properly accounted for in pricing and service decisions. Develop and maintain tools and analytics to support freight cost metrics and identify spend variances to planned budget.
- As an administrator of the Transportation Management Systems (TMS), responsible for supporting functionality within the system including assigning roles to users, updating rate structures to align with contracts, evaluating functionality to support operations, maintaining reports, reporting and troubleshooting systemic issues and implementing TMS system improvements. Assists in the development of SOP’s for all TMS related processes and procedures.
- Support the evaluation of potential transportation service providers (RFP’s) by preparing scope documents, analyzing rate proposals, evaluating service capabilities and making recommendations.
- Provide transportation network design support and analysis utilizing spreadsheet tools
- Assist in the completion of complex and multi-functional projects in the area of supply chain and logistics as assigned.
- Domestic Transportation experience preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skillset
- Strong analytical capabilities, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of internal management and external vendors/ carriers
- Experience working with external providers, understanding of rates, contracts and sourcing events
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum requirement