Sr Network Security EngineerJob Number: 3909
The Senior Network Security Engineer will work in a collaborative team environment, and be responsible for identifying resource requirements including people, organizations, financial, hardware, software and services for a project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Check Point Firewalls, Intrusion Detection / Prevention Systems (IDS / IPS) and remote Access via VPN.
- Contribute to monitoring and maintaining systems and the Life Cycle Management.
- Interfacing with all Applications / Business Units, troubleshoot Issues and provide resolution.
- Utilize current data security tools/technologies to simplify compliance and optimize incident management; identify potential threats, vulnerabilities and respond to security violations (RSA SIEM Tools, EnVision, ArcSight, Tripwire).
- Perform security operations support, with strong disciplines in network, application and database security, risk identification, enterprise wide encryption: VPN technologies such as PKI, IKE, IPSEC, SSL /HTTPS and digital certificate management.
- Use current data security technology disciplines and industry standards to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of BJ’s information assets.
- Provide “hands-on" security engineering expertise in Secure Network information disciplines in support of the BJ's Environment, with expertise in Information Security compliance driven initiatives.
- Stay abreast of security trends and new technologies that will enhance BJ’s current and future data network / security architecture.
- Perform security related service and process assessments/evaluations based on NIST, ISO and ITIL standards as well as guidelines for all Business Plan initiatives across multiple distributed platforms and legacy Mainframe
- Participate in IT security audit activities both internal and external, ensuring compliance to Federal regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley, Data Privacy acts and Payment Card Industry standards; managing and maintaining SOP and related documentation. .
- Coordinate and monitor security operations and reporting.
- Minimum of five years experience within an Enterprise Data Networking/Security organization.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related, CISSP preferred
- Check Point Certifications (CCSE) a plus.
- Data networking expertise, with hands on experience in installation and configuration of Routing Protocols (TCP/IP, IPSEC).
- Data Networking and IT Audit experience based on ISO-27002, Cobit and ITIL; with knowledge of information security practices relating to PCI, SOX, application security and PII data protection.
- Strong Experience working with Encryption, Internet Security, Network Access Control, Data Leakage
- Prevention, Security Configurations and Risk Assessment.
- Proven ability to utilize Network Security / Monitoring tools and techniques (IBM Qradar, Splunk, Tripwire)