Sr Application Development Analyst - SAP, Business IntelligenceJob Number: 3901
At BJ's Wholesale Club, every Team Member has the same goal, to Delight Our Members. This common purpose means working as a Team, supporting our Community in a positive way, and treating everyone with Respect and Integrity. In fact, Team, Community, Respect and Integrity, are the BJ's Wholesale Club core values!
Working with us means enjoying a supportive and engaging workplace committed to developing great talent. We know that the most important factor in our success is our people!
BJ's Wholesale Club introduced the warehouse club concept to the northeastern United States in the mid-1980s. Since then, the chain has expanded its operations to more than 200 Clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
It is a very exciting time to be part of our IT team at BJ’s Wholesale Club. We are in a very aggressive growth mode which is propelling the need for new human capital, systems and applications. Currently, we are undergoing a technology capability transformation. A representative sample of some of the exciting projects going on are, implementing SAP, building an OMS platform/team, investing in a new mobile application/platform, upgrading our eCommerce capabilities, new capabilities for Offer & Loyalty management, and expanding our use of data analytics as a competitive differentiator, etc. All of these projects have a direct impact on how we do business.
- Senior Technical team member responsible for the Administration, Architecture, Development, Deployment, and Maintenance of an enterprise wide SAP Business Intelligence (BI) solution.
- Work with project lead and business users to understand requirements, conduct analysis, recommend and build solution options
- Create Universes and packages to support BI releases (dashboards, etc) as well as self-service environments.
- Leverage Information Design Tool for maintaining and creating BICS connections and UNX Universes.
- Use of CMC to understand the relationships of the existing Webi reports and the BICS connections.
- Ensure best practices are used throughout all aspects of the SAP BW/BI development life cycle (mentoring, code review, visualization choice, etc)
- Mentor junior developers and provide technical direction for offshore team
- Provide end user support and training as needed
- Ensure the integrity, reliability and data quality of the BI systems, applications and processes by monitoring
- Perform diagnostic and recovery techniques as appropriate to resolve operational data flow and concurrency issues in the production environments
- Participate in agile development “sprints” to review and prioritize backlogs, identify and resolve impediments, plan releases, etc
- Handle additional duties and/or responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years Proven expertise in the SAP BI toolsuite; certification is a plus
- 5+ Years in SAP Business Objects Web Intelligence (Connectivity using BICS to SAP BW is a plus)
- 2+ Years experience in SAP Business Objects Analysis
- 3+ Years in SAP BEx Query Designer
- Understanding of BEx Customer Exits / Entry-Level ABAP Programming is a plus
- Understanding of SAP modules such as FI, CO, MM is a plusProficient in visualization techniques; strong experience constructing dashboards and scorecards
- Strong communication, time management and interpersonal skills are essential
- Well versed in software implementation methodologies
- Retail industry experience a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.