Solutions Architect - eCommerce Omni-ChannelJob Number: 3649
The Solutions Architect: eCommerce Omni-Channel is a hands-on technical Leader in the Omni-Channel Solutions team responsible for developing Detailed Technical Design and Architectural Framework components for BJ’s eCommerce systems. This role requires a high level of knowledge and experience designing, developing and supporting highly complex mission critical systems using eCommerce technologies that meet established organizational Architectural objectives. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Job Responsibilities:
· Accountable for the overall architecture and design of BJs.com, consumer mobility and Omni-Channel retailing.
· Participate in the discovery phase of the development life cycle to recommend solutions that are consistent with existing Architecture and Design.
· Lead design reviews and develop solution design documents for both High Level and Low Level Design artifacts.
· Think in terms of Enterprise solutions, mobility, and the Member experience.
· Examine single point solutions to ensure they don’t prohibit future growth and scalability.
· Develop, Maintain and Enforce Design and Coding Standards.
· Monitor and govern the implementation of the approved technical design(s).
· Drive for innovation including developing tools, processes and reusable components as needed to help improve the efficiency of future projects.
· Partner with key Business Stakeholders, IT application owners, and architects to develop and execute on the product roadmap.
· Work with Technology vendor contacts to raise, troubleshoot and resolve issues relating to code, configuration and product(s).
· Keep informed on the latest trends and emerging technologies within the Digital eCommerce and broader Omni-Channel ecosystem.
· At least 5 years of proven track record performing business and solution analysis and design for enterprise applications.
· Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent required
· At least 5 years of Retail eCommerce experience using WebSphere Commerce (experience with latest versions of WebSphere Commerce preferred).
· At least 3 years of mobility experience, including mobile web (adaptive, responsive), mobile app (native, hybrid) and web API’s (RESTful).
· At least 2 years of Omni-Channel retailing experience preferably using Sterling Commerce Selling & Fulfillment.
· Proven track record in managing and driving the successful scoping and design phase of a project working with stakeholders from all business units to lead, define, map and document solution definitions.
· Highly knowledgeable in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
· Familiarity with Endeca search engine, content management principles, TCP/IP-based networking, shell scripting, Perl etc.
· Must have excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills