Solution Architect ecommerce, Sterling OMSJob Number: 3464
The Solutions Architect: OMS is a hands-on technical Leader in the Order Management System (OMS) Solutions team responsible for developing Detailed Technical Designs and Architectural Framework components for BJ’s Sterling OMS systems. This role requires a high level of knowledge and experience designing, developing and supporting highly complex mission critical systems using IBM Sterling OMS technologies that meet established organizational Architectural objectives. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the overall architecture and design of BJ’s OMS and Omni-Channel retailing.
- Participate in the software engineering process to recommend solutions that are consistent with proper architecture and design paradigms.
- Lead design reviews and develop solution design documents for both High Level and Low Level Design artifacts.
- Develop, Maintain and Enforce Design and Coding Standards.
- Monitor and govern the implementation of the approved technical design(s).
- Drive for innovation including developing tools, processes and reusable components as needed to help improve the efficiency of future projects.
- Partner with key Business Stakeholders, IT application owners, and architects to develop and execute on the product roadmap.
- Keep informed on the latest trends and emerging technologies within the Omni-Channel OMS ecosystem.
- At least 5 years of proven track record performing architectural and solution analysis and design for enterprise applications.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required in the following.
- At least 5 years of Omni-Channel retailing experience preferably using Sterling Commerce Selling & Fulfillment.
- Proven track record in managing and driving the successful scoping and design phase of a project working with stakeholders from all business units to lead, define, map and document solution definitions.
- Highly knowledgeable in OMS systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints.
- Familiarity with Sterling Web Store and Call center, TCP/IP-based networking, shell scripting, Perl etc.
- Must have excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in executing Sterling Commerce upgrade and/or understanding of web store or call center framework.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics and Communication OR Engineering required.
- Retail industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Strong architectural, design, analytical, and communication skills are required, as well as an understanding of SDLC, Agile methodology, and PCI Compliance
- Strong customer interaction, organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent work ethics with a strong penchant for working in a challenging environment
- Familiarity with industry standards which may include (W3C, Web Services, J2EE).