Member Service ManagerJob Number: 3902
Category: Club Operations
Responsible for managing club membership efforts, providing Member support, and overseeing and directing the work of Team Members in the front line and member services departments. Maintains and grows club membership rates while providing exceptional customer service to Members. Executes company programs and initiatives to drive membership growth. Enforces membership policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company standards. Acts as a key holder for the club and holds manager on duty responsibilities.
- Meets and/or exceeds membership fee income goals and service expectations through successful acquisition, retention, loyalty, and experience efforts.
- Develops effective and productive teams in the Member Services and Front Line departments through selection, training, managing, evaluating performance, coaching, motivating and disciplining when necessary.
- Maintains an atmosphere that supports a positive shopping and transactional experience for Members and potential Members.
- Ensures control of and compliance with the operational functions associated with assigned areas through the consistent enforcement and maintenance of established processes and procedures.
- Schedules Team Members to work in the front-line and member services departments and maintains adequate staffing in each department.
- Executes company membership programs and initiatives. Evaluates direct reports on individual results.
- Leverages reporting tools to assess strengths and opportunities. Prioritizes growth opportunities.
- Manages equipment, supplies, and collateral to ensure that member services and front-line departments run efficiently.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- High school diploma. College degree and/or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results.
- Prior experience working in a member-focused environment.
- Time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills preferred.