Senior Operations Manager (Facilities and Security) Distribution CenterJob Number: 3310
Category: DC Logistics
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Distribution, the position is responsible for managing a multi-functional team, playing an integral role in leading a Regional Distribution Center with the mission of efficiently delivering goods to over 80 Wholesale Clubs throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. This role has 15 direct reports and 25 indirect reports, and is responsible for the oversight and monitoring of all aspects of facility maintenance and security in support of operational objectives within the distribution center. Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of an innovative team working toward visionary goals.
- Directs all activities associated with a full agenda of a multi-functional operating department’s day-to-day routine.
- Manages staff administration, including Permanent or Temporary employee staffing models, recruiting, performance management, salary administration, with oversight of exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Ensures adherence to departmental / operational budget of >$8M.
- Determines and maintains appropriate organizational structure and staffing levels, achieves production goals and financial goals, and coordinates with other operational departments as needed.
- Provides training, coaching, mentoring to staff as appropriate and provide development opportunities to meet the organization’s future needs.
- Acts as an escalation point for teams, supporting all stakeholder’s to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Prepares, produces, and delivers numerous management reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly frequency.
- Acts in a senior management capacity and participate as a member of the Operations management team.
- Supports and administers various departmental and corporate policies consistent with the company’s core values and philosophies.
- Manages and provides support to internal partners for research, improvement projects, and process knowledge for collaborative efforts throughout the company.
- Prepares business review reports and presentations for upper-level management.
- Housekeeping and Sanitation: Achieve strict housekeeping and sanitation practices in accordance to company standards and government regulations. Success depends on managing a comprehensive cleaning, sanitation and maintenance programs with expertise in government sanitation regulations.
- Asset Protection: Achieve asset protection in the facility by ensuring the overall security of the distribution center. Success depends upon managing a comprehensive loss prevention program, expertise in loss prevention theory and surveillance equipment, strong oral and written communication skills.
- Expense to Throughput Ratio: Achieve control of operational expenses to meet or exceed prescribed annual goal. Success depends on skillful sourcing and negotiation of maintenance purchases, the efficient use of labor and executing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
- Shrink Rate: Achieve asset integrity of merchandise receipts and deliveries that meet or exceed prescribed annual goal. Success depends on utilization of training programs for team members, skilled management of surveillance equipment, strict compliance of all facility access control procedures and partnering with Loss Prevention and Quality Control for all research and recovery efforts.
- OSHA Rate: Achieve OSHA incident rate that meets or exceeds prescribed annual goal. Success depends on strict enforcement of safety awareness programs, development of preventative measures and participation in ongoing safety retraining programs.
Qualifications : Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point & Access.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to be careful and thorough about detail.
- Ability to analyze information and use logic and process to address work-related issues and problems.
- Ability to provide direction and control to multiple teams; exhibit high initiative to get things accomplished; high organizational ability to juggle multiple priorities; proven leadership experience as a critical leader in charge.
- Ability to perform well in team environment, with staff at all levels, to achieve business goals.
- Ability to function under pressure and meet deadline-oriented project demands as well as manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to troubleshoot existing applications.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in an business management or related field required, OR equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree desired.
Minimum Related Work Experience:
- With Bachelor’s degree, 6+ years of relevant experience required.