Lead Business Continuity AnalystJob Number: 3730
The responsibilities of the Lead Business Continuity Analyst is to design, implement, maintain and test the BJ’s Disaster Recovery program, oversee the BJ’s Co-location Data Centers, and provide project management for assigned projects.
All responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with BJ’s lines of business in the development, maintenance and testing of Business Continuity plans, including testing
- Responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of advance arrangements, plans and procedures to ensure the IT services supporting critical business functions can resume within a predefined time frame in event of a disaster with the minimal loss of data
- Partner with IT and the business using the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) to determine what information, processes and system capabilities are critical for recovery and prioritization, including recovery time (RTO) and recovery point (RPO) objectives
- Manage the development of the end to end technology recovery plans with IT teams, i.e. infrastructure, network, application and security
- Responsible for the development of the overall testing strategy and objectives; and supporting test exercises, including scope, required technical and business resources.
- Manage, develop and oversee the ongoing process for maintaining hardware availability and BJ’s assets at off-site recovery location, and co-location data centers
- Coordinate with 3rd party service provider on the IT recovery process, report results from the validation exercises, and identify opportunities for continuous improvements
- Schedule, plan and coordinate test exercises to ensure compliance with BJ’s policies and procedures
- Provide IT and business partners with support and direction for data retention and disposal process and procedures, including oversight of the 3rd party vendor
- Partner with BJ’s infrastructure teams and manage projects as assigned
- 3-5 years experience managing a Disaster Recovery Environment.
- Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent is preferred.
- Must possess Certified Business Continuity Professional, (CBCP) certification or be willing to obtain certification with in the first year of work.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analysis and business impact analysis
- Solid project and vendor management skills are a must.
- Must be able to write clear documentation, manage and lead DR tests, understand and communicate technology to cross functional teams, create and maintain IT DR and BC plans, prepare for audits, assist in meeting Client compliance requirements
- Solid business acumen with ability to partner with Senior Management