Lead Application Support Analyst - OMSJob Number: 3280
BJ’s Wholesale Club is seeking a bright, results-driven Lead Application Support Analyst – OMS Operations to join their Omni channel team. The individual will lead a high performing team responsible for providing operational support services to IBM Sterling Commerce Order Management system. The OMS Operations team provides services for end to end system monitoring, 24x7 support operations, application security and platform management. As a member of the OMS Operation team, you will create impact by partnering to provide direction for continuous improvement and assisting with strategic planning for building future capabilities.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for supporting the end to end performance of Omni Channel eco-systems with a focus on IBM Sterling Commerce.
- Works with Internal and external parties to develop and maintain appropriate monitors, alert configuration and procedures for triage.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for timely problem resolution. Develop plans for 24X7 support operations. Leads critical root cause and issue resolution efforts. For all non-critical issues, defines appropriate processes, metrics and reviews both internal and vendor generated Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Works with cross functional team to perform stress testing based on business goals and follows through the implementation of recommendation.
- In addition to relevant technical experience, the ability to work effectively across other IT functions, and to understand and communicate in business terms is critical to this role.
- Partner on the development and maintenance of Omni Channel Site Operations documentation and reports.
- Apply technical vision and experience to design innovative and pragmatic solutions
- Apply leadership skills to lead small-medium cross-functional teams through the project lifecycle culminating in successful application deployments
- Function as a team liaison and interface with all levels of management and the business user community
- Serve as mentor and training resource for other team members
- Evolve our standards and processes based on industry best practices and compliance standards such BJ’s SDLC as well as SOX, PCI, and PII regulations
- Provide on-call support for OMS application.
- 5+ years of experience with Java/J2EE architecture and/or development including 5+ years of development in IBM Sterling Commerce.
- Bachelors degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of experience is required in the following:
- IBM Sterling Commerce (version 9.x and experience in Web Store and Web Call Center would be an added plus)
- Experience supporting Order Management Systems capacity planning and scalability solutions.
- Retail industry experience is a plus, but not required.
- Operations and service management knowledge including Incident and problem management
- Strong project management, analytical, and communication skills are required, as well as an understanding of SDLC, Agile methodology, and PCI Compliance