AVP Member Analytics and InsightsJob Number: 3837
The Head of Membership & Marketing Insights and Member Research leads a CRM “big data” acquisition & retention team of 8 (analysts and managers) that implement large scale Membership Acquisition programs in partnership with the VP of Membership Marketing. The role also works in partnership with the VP of Membership Retention to execute and analyze programs for increasing member engagement and renewals. Additionally, the role is responsible for leading analytics managers and analysts to deliver Promotion impact analytics and reporting results for the VP of Brand Marketing and the SVP/GMM in Merchandising to best leverage the promotional trade dollars for our primary marketing vehicles (namely the BBM/Journals/Emails). The role also executes and reports on our Member Net Promoter survey and ad hoc member research. The role is highly analytical in nature and requires the unique blends of science (mathematics/programming) with art and communication (presentation) skills to have a material impact on the business. The incumbent is responsible for managing and delivering targeted acquisition strategies that will deliver over 800k new Inner Circle Primary members, or $35m in MFI annually, as well as over $1.6Bn in sales from these programs. Additionally, the role helps drive targeted promotions that drive over $400m in sales annually.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead team to Deliver Analytics, Targeting, and Projections on all Membership Acquisition programs.
- Managing all external list providers and data cleansing, acquisition lists, tools and database relationships (Unica/SAS, Datamail, Axciom, Aimia). All internal BI/IT relationships as they relate to the Membership CRM database and ecosystem.
- Lead team to Deliver Analytics, Targeting, and strategies on all Promotional Membership marketing and retentions programs. Both post-mortem analytics as well as recommendations for go-forward strategies with senior leadership.
- Develop and evaluate new innovative membership marketing acquisition, retention, and engagement strategies and technologies (Channels) to drive Membership Fee income and sales.
- Liaise with Finance to manage the personnel and forecasts around Membership & Marketing expense and margin budgets.
- B.S. degree; Masters Degree is preferred.
- 8-10+ years experience required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leader and team builder