Assistant Store ManagerJob Number: 3913
Category: Club Operations
As BJ’s continues to grow, we seek our next generation General Managers. Our Assistant Managers have the opportunity to have a direct impact on our continued growth strategy, by being part of a winning team with a culture that embraces our Core Values.
Proven, high potential assistant managers may be selected to participate in our General Manager Development Program, a project-based development program designed to prepare our assistant managers to take charge of their own Club management team. Since 2014, more than 30 have become general managers.
Assistant Operations Managers are responsible for managing the operational areas of the club including receiving, front end operations, loss prevention, personnel, cash office and maintenance, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to shrink, monthly self audit, expense control, human resources, labor scheduling, payroll, cash control, and inventory control. Additional responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Ensuring the Club’s building, equipment, furniture and fixtures are properly maintained and in working order
• Managing the Club budget to achieve the Club’s Planned Profit
• Selecting, training, developing, assigning work, monitoring and evaluating performance of the management team and other Team Members as assigned
• Developing Team Members and Managers for internal growth
• Ensuring all fresh standards are achieved in sales, shrink and salvage
• Ensuring all safety, sanitation and Members First programs are in place
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• High school education required, Associate's or Bachelors Degree preferred
• Knowledge of and experience in club operations, receiving, merchandise, loss prevention, maintenance, front end, personnel and cash office procedures in a high volume retail environment required.
• 3 + years in a retail supervisory role