Allocation SpecialistJob Number: 3916
The Allocation Specialist is primarily responsible for creating purchase orders and allocating inventory to Clubs to maximize sales and inventory investment. This is accomplished by managing inventory flow across our Club, Distribution and Ecommerce networks to minimize expense. This position works within a Merchandise Category team of Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Planner and leverages expertise and guidance from the Planning & Allocation Manager as well as from the Allocation Lead position.
- Review daily Club inventory levels and sales forecasts within assigned Merchandise Categories to ensure Clubs are allocated the right amount of inventory to maintain targeted instock goals to enhance the Member experience.
- Monitor vendor performance to ensure that purchase orders are fulfilled completely and delivered on time.
- Demonstrate proficiency in SAP & E3 (specifically maintaining demand, forecasting and replenishment system parameters) to efficiently allocate inventory and to achieve KPI target goals
- Monitor KPI performance of Club in stock, Sales Plan, Inventory Turn improvement, Monthly Inventory Plans and Margin plan to ensure assigned Merchandise Categories are at target. Escalate to management team when vendor performance issues are impacting KPI performance.
- Recommend inventory strategy efficiency improvements for the DC network and Clubs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Results driven and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Expert command of retail math concepts, applications and analysis
- Intermediate Excel skills; must be proficient on formulas, V-lookups, and Pivot Tables
- Outlook management
- Detail oriented, with excellent follow-through and problem solving skills
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Future requirement of Sunday - Thursday work schedule
- Rotating Saturday schedule