Accounting Group LeaderJob Number: 3918
The responsibility of the Accounting Group Leader is to assist the Supervisor with the day-to-day functions of the department. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing inventory unit and costing adjustments using both manual and upload processes in SAP
- Researching and processing control memos and updating the control memo database to assist with distribution center related inventory updates
- Assist in running month end closing process and allocations
- Prepare GL journal entries both manually and using uploads as needed
- Perform cost of goods research on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Uses SAP Business Warehouse gross margin exception reporting to review gross profit greater than 30 and negative margins for any inventory costing issues.
- Process deductions to vendors and working with them weekly on water jug
- Process freight invoices related to imported product separating duty from freight using an Access database.
- An Associates Degree with some Accounting classes or equivalent work experience (a minimum of 2-3 years) is required.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Must be able to multitask and have a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and use of Excel, Word, Outlook, SAS (mainframe), and SAP are desired.
- Candidate must also have strong verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to meet and manage weekly deadlines.